Things to do
Come and enjoy The Greater Ft. Lauderdale area!
With miles of beaches, fme dining, parks, and nearly sunshine all year around-what are you waiting for!
Both, residents and tourists, spend their time outdoors.
Come join us for some fun in the sun!
Greater Ft. Lauderdale Events
Greater Ft. Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lauderdale By The Sea Chamber of Commerce
Ft. Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
Pompano Beach Chamber of Commerce
Grounds and Gulfstream Park, and major theaters like BB&T Center and the Broward County Convention Center.
- Home to the Broward County Sports Hall of Fame, Greater Fort Lauderdale is a sport lovers’ dream, and the perfect setting for your sporting event!
- Broward County is home to more than 250 sporting events each year, including: Kreul Classic, the country’s largest televised high school basketball tournament
- YMCA National Swimming and Diving Championships Rising Stars Softball TournamentJudo U.S. OpenThe Florida State High School Track & Field Championships Dixie Amateur Golf ChampionshipsFlorida Lacrosse Classic, Men’s Grandmasters National Championships
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Sports Development Office, with the support of the Florida Sports Foundation, is your one-stop shop to plan professional, amateur or recreational sports
- Whether you love to watch or play, Greater Fort Lauderdale is heaven for the sports Planning a sports event? Visit the Greater Fort Lauderdale Sports Development section for your sports group needs.
- Watch the Miami Dolphins play at Sun Life Stadium, see the NHL in action at the BB&T Center, home to Florida Panthers ice hockey, or watch the NASL Fort Lauderdale Strikers play at the Fort Lauderdale Stadium.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is flowing with water-based Ramp up your vacation with scuba diving, jet skiing, parasailing and sport fishing. Iffishing is indeed your thing, don’t miss the interactive exhibits at the International Game Fish Association’s Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum. Meanwhile, more than 50 area golf courses offer you the full country club experience as well as public links for any skill level.
- Be sure to check out the concert schedules at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in the downtown Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, Hard Rock Live in Hollywood and the BB&T Center in Sunrise.
- ArtServe’s South Florida arts
ArtServe’s South Florida arts
Be sure to check out the concert schedules at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts in the downtown Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, Hard Rock Live in Hollywood and the BB&T Center in Sunrise.
FREE THINGS TO DO
Stroll Hollywood’s famed 2 mile Boardwalk along the Snorkel Trail (no boat needed) from shore along Lauderdale-By-The-Sea’s three-tiered reef system and discover the many underwater treasures. Meditate as you focus on the sunrise by the pier in Deerfield Beach. People watch along Fort Lauderdale’s beachfront promenade. Hop on the trolley in downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District on Fridays and Saturdays to experience the lighthearted energy of Las Olas Boulevard.
SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch, Riverwalk in downtown Ft. Lauderdale First Sunday of every month; Free concerts and dancing under the stars, Mon-Wed and Sat, Hollywood Beach Theater, Hollywood Broadwalk; Broadwalk Friday Fest, Hollywood Broadwalk.
Cheer on the runners at A 1A marathon in Feb along the beach;Dolphins Football Training Camp, July-Aug,
Wicked Wilton, Halloween weekend, Wilton Manors
Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade, second Sat in Dec, along the Intracoastal Christmas on Las Olas, Las Olas Boulevard, first Tues night in Dec
Las Olas Art Fair, Jan and Mar, downtown Fort Lauderdale Stonewall Pride, June, Wilton Manors
Saturday Nite Alive, live entertainment June-Sept, Fort Lauderdale Beach
Live mermaid swims, Wreck Bar, Fridays, 6:30pm, Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach